Feminine but understated, this traditional dining furniture with modern roots mixes unique materials such as capiz shell and faux shagreen with smooth wood for an eclectic look that is at home in a modern setting or in a room filled with antiques.
- Handcrafted of maple veneers with an alabaster finish.
- Adjustable glides.
- Dining table has a small inlaid metal border and silk-screened shagreen pattern on the top and comes with one 22" leaf. 82"W x 44"D x 30"T; extends to 104"W with leaf. Boxed weight, approximately 235 lbs.
- Armchair has upholstered slip seat with welt and a circular wood-framed back with upholstered center panel with welt. 23.5"W x 25.75"D x 38"T. Boxed weight, approximately 70 lbs.
- Side chair has upholstered slip seat with welt and a circular wood-framed back with upholstered center panel with welt. 22.5"W x 25.75"D x 38"T. Boxed weight, approximately 66 lbs.
- Sideboard has six drawers; top end drawers have wrapped pad; top center drawer has silverware insert. 66.25"W x 21.5"D x 36"T. Boxed weight, approximately 198 lbs.
- Capiz buffet has two sets of doors with inset capiz shells; one tray drawer and an open compartment behind each set of doors; left tray drawer has wrapped pad; right tray drawer has silverware insert. 79.25"W x 20.625"D x 32"T. Boxed weight, approximately 300 lbs.
Founded in 1889 by American pioneer John Mathias Bernhardt, Bernhardt Furniture Company, Inc., is located in the foothills of western North Carolina. After the turn of the century, the company expanded its product line from the dining room into the bedroom, and managed to deliver furniture in spite of severe labor and materials shortages during both world wars. Today, Bernhardt is one of the largest family-owned and -operated marketers of fine wood and upholstered furniture in the United States.