As a response to the La Movida movement of the 1980s, Loewe introduced the use of soft Spanish napa leatherso supple, it had previously been reserved for garmentsfor their Flamenco style. This bag conceptualizes the radical mood that swept the collection's native Madrid with a soft, lightweight structure.
- Loewe soft calfskin tote with silvertone hardware.
- Tubular top handles; 3" drop.
- Detachable flat shoulder strap; 23" drop.
- Open top with magnetic closure.
- Drawstring pulls at sides.
- Loewe Anagram logo embossed at front.
- Inside, sheepskin lining and snap pocket.
- Center zip compartment divides interior.
- 7"H x 9"W x 3"D; weighs approx. 1lb.
- Made in Spain.
The middle of the nineteenth century is the start of Loewe's sartorial tale, when Enrique Loewe Roessberg founded the company that bears his name. Currently, creative director Stuart Vevers conjures up creations for Loewe that are of-the-moment and yet maintain the artisanal spirit of the past. In describing the collection's Madrid headquarters, Vevers calls it "exotic, elegant, electric. It can appear austere yet it is also an intimate city of the senses," which we think is also a good description for the iconic Amazona handbags.