Inspired by walking barefoot on the beaches and golden dunes of Truro, Cape Cod, this stunning glassware captures the shifting of ocean, wind, and sand with bands of 24-kt. gold.
- Made of glass.
- Hand-painted 24-kt. gold accents.
- Hand wash.
- Double old-fashioned, 3.25"Dia. x 4"T; holds 13 ounces.
- Highball, 2.75"Dia. x 6.5"T; holds 15 ounces.
- Red wine glass, 4.25"Dia. x 8.5"T; holds 20.5 ounces.
- White wine glass, 2.75"Dia. x 9"T; holds 15.25 ounces.
About Michael Wainwright
From the cathedrals of Italy to the windswept dunes of Cape Cod, Michael Wainwright's journeys combine with his mastery of sculpture and experience as a jeweler to create timeless, functional works of art. While studying in Italy, he was inspired by the halos and angels of Giotto, Cimabue, and other early Italian masters. He was also attracted to the use of precious metals in architecture. He established his design firm in 1991 and works out of a studio in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. His distinctive tabletop and decorative items have been featured in Bon Appetit, Gourmet, and House & Garden magazines; all are handcrafted of porcelain mixed with platinum or 24-kt. gold, and all are made in the United States.