"Bordeaux is my major trend message for the coming fall season. I fell in love with this gorgeous dress from Nina Ricci designer Peter Copping. Dots transform into flowers on this romantic dress. And YES, a sleeve! Designers are loving the look of a long sleeve again, and I am, too! "
-Ken Downing, NM Fashion Director. Ken is picking out his favorite piecessee for yourself what made this Nina Ricci dress catch his discerning eye.
A unique optical take on mixed print for the new season, this Nina Ricci dress features polka-dots and flowers in graduated concentrations. For his Pre-Fall presentation, Peter Copping styled this dress with an open overcoat, floppy hat, and layered long necklaces for a gamine effect.
- Look 10 from the Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 2011 collection.
- Navy with burgundy/multicolor graduated polka-dot and floral print, with flowers concentrated more toward hem.
- Chiffon-trim bateau neckline.
- Long sleeves; dropped shoulder seams visually extend across upper back yoke.
- Black tie belt highlights natural waist.
- Bias-pleated A-line skirt.
- Made in Portugal.
About Nina Ricci:
Paris in 1932 was the setting for the launch of the Nina Ricci line, created by Maria Ricci and her son Robert. One of the most classic French houses, Nina Ricci stands for airily romantic style. Current designer Peter Copping upholds the tradition of pretty, feminine fare while injecting just the right amount of modern edge.