Sferra takes smooth white, 200-thread-count Egyptian cotton percale and adds a modern geometric print in your choice of colors, then mixes in New Resort sheeting and shams and solid-color blankets. Select Aqua, Chartreuse, or Salmon when ordering.
- Graphics printed linens come in trellis or grid designs. Grid design in chartreuse only. Trellis design in aqua or salmon.
- New Resort white duvet covers and shams have a contrasting, 2" wide Egyptian cotton sateen band. Duvet covers have the band on three sides; shams have the band on all four sides.
- Coordinating flat sheets and pillowcases have two rows of satin stitching.
- Solid white fitted sheets are 17" deep.
- All but blankets are made in Italy of Italian-woven, 200-thread-count Egyptian cotton percale.
- Cotton blankets made in Portugal are woven in stripes for a classic look.
- Machine wash.
The story of Sferra begins at the turn of the 19th century, when Gennaro Sferra left Italy for the United States in the hopes of finding a market among the Atlantic Coast for his intricate Venetian lace cuffs and collars. By 1912, he and his family had opened up shop on famed Fifth Avenue in New York City. A generation later, Gennaro's two sons expanded their family's collection to include the most luxurious European linens of the dayfrom renowned double damask from Ireland, to Alençon laces from France, to elaborate embroideries from Belgium and Switzerland. In 1977, the ownership of Sferra was sold by the family to Paul Hooker, under whose keen business savvy and passionate stewardship this classic brand has flourished over the years. With the aid of great advancements in design and production techniques, Sferra has secured its rightful position as a leader in the luxury linens industry. Above all, the secret to the enduring reputation of the Sferra brand is the same now as it was a century agoonly the finest materials are used in any product bearing the Sferra name.