About Venetian-style mirrors:
- #ONLYATNM Only Here. Only Ours. Exclusively for You.
- Venetian-style wall mirror.
- Frame made of hand-cut, wheel-engraved mirrored glass.
- Hang vertically or horizontally.
- 32"W x 1"D x 48"T.
- Boxed weight, approximately 45 lbs.
Renowned as a center for glassmaking since the 15th century, Venice was home to the artisans of Murano who originated the Venetian mirror. The term usually refers to a mirror whose frame is composed of layers of mirror that is cut, beveled, and etched by hand. The graceful shapes and ornamentation of Venetian-style mirrors are created today by artisans in Indonesia who have spent years perfecting their techniques and often work more than a week to complete a single mirror.