About Neiman Marcus
Neiman Marcus is a renowned specialty store dedicated to merchandise leadership and superior customer service. We will offer the finest fashion and quality products in a welcoming environment.
Community and Philanthropic Information
Visit The Heart of Neiman Marcus page to learn more about our community support and philanthropic strategy.
Directors and Management
Visit The Neiman Marcus Group's corporate site for information regarding Neiman Marcus directors and management.
For upcoming events at your local Neiman Marcus, please visit our store locator.
For a question regarding your online order, please contact us via:
Phone, toll-free at 1.888.888.4757 br>
Question about InCircle®?
Question about a Neiman Marcus credit card account?
Contact Credit Services at 1.800.685.669.
For vendor opportunities:
Neiman Marcus Online and Neiman Marcus By Mail: 972.401.6522 Neiman Marcus Stores: 1.800.937.9146
For all other inquiries/questions, please contact us via email.
An urban myth is a modern folk tale, its origins unknown, its believability enhanced simply by the frequency with which it is repeated. Our signature chocolate chip cookie is the subject of one such myth. If you haven't heard the story, we won't perpetuate it here. If you have, the recipe below should serve to refute it. Copy it, print it out, pass it along to friends and family. It's a terrific recipe. And it's absolutely free.
Shop now. Shop all Epicure.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-ounce scoop or a 2-tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Visit our Restaurant section for more recipes along with information on cooking classes, catering, and restaurant details.