HOW DOES NM ACTION! WORK?
NM Action! is an application for the iPhone® and iPad™, which detects digital watermarks. Snap a photo of the NM Christmas Book cover and Fantasy Gift pages (look for the green butterfly icon), and a video or more information instantly uploads.
HOW DO I USE THE NM ACTION! APP?
- Launch NM Action! on your iPhone or iPad. The app must be in the "Look" mode, which appears as crosshairs in the center of the screen. If you don't see the crosshairs, press the eye icon under the "Look" tab on the bottom navigation bar.
- In a well-lit area, hold your phone steady and parallel to the printed page, starting about 6 inches away. Focus the crosshairs on the center of the photograph. Wait for a sound or vibration indicating the app is ready. Snap a photo. If you don't hear or feel the prompt, move the phone slowly toward the page.
- The NM Action! app will instantly launch an interactive experience by connecting you to an online NM video or page with detailed information.
DO I NEED TO CONNECT TO A NETWORK TO USE THE NM ACTION! APP?
- Be sure you hold the iPhone or iPad at the correct distance from the page. The distance may vary between devices, but is generally between 4 and 6 inches. Start 6 inches away and slowly move closer to the page.
- Allow time for the camera to focus on the photograph and for the auto-exposure to adjust to the lighting.
- Lighting is key. A good rule of thumb: If you can read the page without straining your eyes, your device should be able to sense the watermark. A well-lit page with no glare or shadows is best. Some iPhones and iPads have an LED flash, which can improve the lighting.
- The device should be held parallel to the page. Be careful not to tilt the catalog.
- Point the crosshairs at the center of the photographavoid the margins, corners, or any white space.
Yes, either your carrier's wireless network or a WiFi connection will work.
WHICH iPHONE & iPAD MODELS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE NM ACTION! APP?
The iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (4th generation), and iPad 2 and iPad 3.