(All dollar values are in $U.S.)
For Canadian orders, select country at checkout.
Importer of Record
The recipient is the importer of record and is responsible for complying with all laws and regulations for the Canadian destination. When our customer places an order with NeimanMarcus.com, they authorize our customs broker to act as their agent with Customs and Revenue Canada to clear merchandise and process all applicable duties, fees, and taxes.
Delivery & Processing Charges (D&P)
Delivery & Processing is the charge for catalog and internet order processing, item selection, packaging, processing, transport, and handling. Special delivery requests, including specification of carrier and/or future delivery dates, may include additional charges. Delivery times are not guaranteed, notwithstanding additional charges, but are our best approximation and will vary with specific requests, such as gift packaging and monogramming. Shipments and deliveries occur only on weekdays. Delivery & Processing is subject to change and will be determined at time of order and subject to the following:
Unless Priority is requested, your order should arrive in approximately 3 to 5 business days after shipping if ordered by 12:00 noon (CST). Fish & Wildlife items require additional time to ship.
If requested, add $10.00 to standard Delivery & Processing. Your order should arrive in approximately 2 to 3 business days after shipping if ordered by 12:00 noon (CST) and may vary depending upon the destination. Please note International Priority orders placed after 12:00 noon (CST) Friday or on Saturday will be processed Monday and should arrive in 2 to 3 business days after shipping if ordered by 12:00 noon (CST) and may vary depending upon the destination. Some heavy or bulky items may not qualify for this service. A signature may be required and additional charges may be assessed if more than one attempt is made for delivery. This service is not available for some postal codes. Fish & Wildlife items require additional time to ship.
Please add $8.00 to the applicable Delivery & Processing charges for each additional delivery address.
Other Information Regarding Your Order
- Items ordered together may be delivered separately, and the Delivery & Processing will be allocated over shipments but not necessarily evenly. Some orders may require more than one package to ship; for these shipments the additional charge for Priority and Standard would be a per-package charge.
- Certain items requiring special delivery have D&P charges indicated in parentheses after the price. For those items only, the amount in parentheses is the total delivery charge for that item.
- Returns may affect final Delivery & Processing charges. Delivery & Processing charges are not refundable unless merchandise is damaged or defective. Returns for reasons due to Neiman Marcus will receive Delivery & Processing credit as Delivery & Processing was allocated, which may result in a final Delivery & Processing charge after return that differs from quoted rates.
- If you request to change the destination address of a shipment en route, an additional charge may be assessed.
- NeimanMarcus.com is not responsible for refunding the gift packaging charge if Customs and Revenue Canada deems it is necessary to open the package.
- Some items are prohibited from shipping to Canada and will be noted within the checkout process.
- Certain consumer commodities such as aerosols, nail polish, fragrances, and other alcohol-based products are restricted air shipment products. Our policy is to ship these items ground to Canadian locations for an additional fee of $10.00.
- Some items require Fish & Wildlife declaration documents to export to Canada. The cost of filing this documentation is $93.00 and will be added to your order total. Fish & Wildlife declaration document fee is non-refundable unless merchandise is defective. Please allow an additional 1 to 3 days for delivery.
- Some items require CITES documentation to export to Canada. CITES is an international agreement between governments regulating the trade in wild animals and plants across borders. The cost of filing this documentation is $190.00 and will be added to your order total. CITES documentation fee is non-refundable unless merchandise is defective. Please allow an additional 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
| 25.00 and under
| 25.01 to 50.00
| 50.01 to 100.00
|100.01 to 200.00
|200.01 to 300.00
|300.01 to 500.00
|500.01 to 700.00
|700.01 and over
|*Total value of merchandise before tax or other charges.
Delivery to Post Office Boxes
Delivery to Post Office Boxes in Canada is not available at this time.
Delivery to Nunavut, Prince Edward Island Provinces, and Other Remote Locations
Orders that cannot ship FedEx due to FedEx limitations will ship Foreign Parcel Post (FPP). Duty, brokerage, and taxes will be the responsibility of the customer.
Duty & Brokerage (D&B)
- Duty & Brokerage is calculated based on the value of your merchandise.
- Duty & Brokerage is not applied to a Gift with Purchase.
- Duty & Brokerage is not applied to tax amounts.
- Duty & Brokerage is not applied to delivery and processing (Delivery & Processing).
- Duty & Brokerage is applied to value-added services, such as Gift Packaging.
- Returns may affect final Duty & Brokerage charges. Duty & Brokerage charges are not refundable unless merchandise is damaged or defective. Returns for reasons due to Neiman Marcus will receive Duty & Brokerage credit as Duty & Brokerage was allocated, which may result in a final Duty & Brokerage charge after return that differs from quoted rates.
- Canadian Provincial Sales Taxes (PST), Goods and Services Sale Tax (GST), and Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will be collected on each order when applicable.
- PST, GST, and HST are not applied to other Canadian taxes.
- Quebec Sales Tax (QST) will be calculated on all orders shipped to Quebec and is based on the order’s retail value plus Duty & Brokerage.
- PST taxes will not be collected for Nunavut and Prince Edward Island; they are the responsibility of the customer.
- All taxes are calculated and listed as a sum value under Tax.
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your timely return of unworn, unwashed, or defective merchandise. Returned merchandise should include the vendor packaging and tags and be in the same condition as when it was delivered to you. Used merchandise cannot be returned unless defective.
Returns to Canada Last Updated 4-17-14
When a gift is returned, a Merchandise Credit Gift Card will be issued to the gift recipient for the amount of the returned merchandise. The card can be used for purchases from Neiman Marcus, Horchow, and Bergdorf Goodman stores, catalog, and online.
All fragrance and cosmetics returns must be unused, unopened, and in original packaging for a credit/refund or exchange to be issued. Once placed, orders for personalized items cannot be canceled, and personalized items cannot be returned. We ask that you take special care when specifying initials or names, and if requested, the style and color of the personalization. Perishable foods are not returnable. Please call us at 1-888-888-4757 for questions about your perishable items. All precious jewelry and Cartier watches must be returned within 60 days from the date of receipt and must included all original documentation. Return/Exchange policies for specific items such as jewelry, fine art, etc. will be noted on the packing slip for that item.
If you have any questions about the merchandise you received, please contact NM Direct at 1.888.888.4757.
Merchandise Value of $5,000 or More
To ensure the proper handling of a return for merchandise with a retail value of $5,000 or more, please call 1.800.825.8255 extension 5740, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm (CST) to arrange a special pick up. Do not use the enclosed FedEx PRP Return Label for merchandise with a retail value of $5,000 or more. Returns will be subject to a $30.00 (U.S.) processing fee unless defective. For your convenience, pickups are Monday through Friday.
Fish & Wildlife declaration document fee and CITES documentation fee are non-refundable unless merchandise is defective.
FedEx Ground PRP Returns
When you return your merchandise using the enclosed FedEx PRP Return Label, you are authorizing our Canadian customs broker to submit a claim for duty and taxes to Customs and Revenue Canada on your behalf and to receive, endorse, and deposit all such refunds. NM Direct will refund the purchase price, applicable duty, and taxes directly to you when your return reaches our fulfillment center and is fully processed. Returns will be subject to a $30.00 (U.S.) processing fee unless defective.
Other Carrier Returns
Customers who process a return through other carriers will do so at their own expense. Return freight, duty, and taxes will be the responsibility of the customer. Any duty or taxes initially paid at time of purchase will also be the responsibility of the customer to file for reimbursement with Customs and Revenue Canada.
If you did not retain the original commercial invoice, you will need to take your return to your local Postal Office and send back at your own expense to NM Direct, 123 Customer Way, Irving, TX 75039.
Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for credit to be processed.
Canadian Return Instructions
When you return your merchandise using the enclosed FedEx PRP Return Label, you are authorizing our Canadian customs broker to submit a claim for duty and taxes to Customs and Revenue Canada on your behalf and to receive, endorse, and deposit all such refunds. NM Direct will refund the purchase price, applicable duty, and taxes directly to you when your return reaches our fulfillment center and is fully processed.
Returns will be subject to a $30.00 (U.S.) processing fee, unless defective.
If you wish to return your items, please follow the steps below:
(For merchandise over $5,000 please see above.)
STEP 1 – Circle the item(s) you wish to return on your FedEX Commercial Invoice and note the return reason and enclose in your shipping carton. (Return Reason Codes are listed on your packing slip.)
STEP 2 – Affix the top right-hand Receipt/Shipper Number sticker to the Commercial Invoice.
STEP 3 – Enclose the FedEx Commercial Invoice & NM Packing Slip in your shipping carton.
STEP 4 – Fill out the top portion of the enclosed FedEx PRP Return Label with your Name, Address, City, Province, Postal Code, and the Order # from your packing slip.
STEP 5 – Affix the FedEx PRP Return Label to the outside of your shipping carton. To avoid any confusion, please be sure you deface or cover the original shipping label. (If you were shipped a box with an ORM-D label, please reuse same box and DO NOT deface or cover the label.)
STEP 6 – Peel off the Shipper Receipt portion and retain for your records.
STEP 7 – Return the shipping carton to any FedEx/Kinko’s location.
If you did not retain the original commercial invoice, you will need to take your return to your local Postal Office and send back at your own expense to NM Direct, 123 Customer Way, Irving, TX 75039. Original duty, tax and freight will not be refunded.
Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for your credit to be processed.
If you have questions, please contact NM Direct Online at 1.888.888.4757.