Mark Twain once wrote, "I think that I may say that an American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi-Gras in New Orleans." If Mardi Gras has always been a dream, there's no better time than February 2015 to experience the city's ultimate carnival. Hosted by noted New Orleanians, this five-day adventure offers a truly authentic, luxury experience for you, your significant other, and five of your favorite couples. You'll stay in the heart of the French Quarter at the luxurious Audubon Cottages and enjoy world-class dining experiences: a jazz brunch at Commander's Palace, dinner at the city's largest restaurant and Mardi Gras museum, Arnaud's, and a special Valentine's Day meal at renowned Gautreau's. Your hosts will invite you into their homes (each of architectural distinction) for cocktails. You'll receive behind-the-scenes tours of local art galleries and attend a private concert and dinner at the legendary Preservation Hall. The trip culminates with a Lundi Gras evening ride in the spectacular Orpheus Parade, followed by the black-tie Orpheus Ball. Laissez le bon temps rouler!
One Ultimate Mardi Gras Experience for Six Couples is available. With the purchase of this trip, The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundationdedicated to supporting youth arts education in communities across the countrywill make a gift of $10,000 to the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts Institute. To order, call 1-877-9NM-GIFT.
- Ultimate Mardi Gras Experience for Six Couples takes place Friday, February 13 through Tuesday, February 17, 2015.
- Experience limited to one party of six couples.
- Airfare not included.
- Four-night stay at Audubon Cottages.
- Meals at Arnaud's, Commander's Palace, Gautreau's, Lilette, and more.
- Cocktails and home tours hosted by Debra Shriver, Thomas Jayne, and Hal Williamson.
- Spa afternoon.
- Art tour hosted by internationally recognized conceptual artist Dawn DeDeaux.
- City tour hosted by Maryann Miller.
- Guided tour of the city's re-emerging 9th Ward.
- Voodoo storyteller.
- Transportation in New Orleans.
ULTIMATE MARDI GRAS EXPERIENCE FOR SIX COUPLES