- EXCLUSIVELY AT NEIMAN MARCUS
- Unique 1950s style single-door refrigerator hand-painted with "Sicilian Spectacle", by Gianfranco Fiorein, in cooperation with Dolce & Gabbana.
- The decorations of this refrigerator are inspired by the ancient Sicilian art of the Opera dei Pupi, the traditional puppet theatre that recounts the exploits of Charlemagne's knights. The puppet shows attracted the attention of children above all, who would wait with bated breath for the curtain to open and the adventures of their favorite hero to unfold. The panels portray the epic battle scenes in which the French paladins confront the Saracens. On the top is a pair of angels and a delightful vase of flowers.
- Stainless steel/PMMA/aluminum/polystyrene/glass/plastic.
- 27.5"W x 23.6"D x 57.5"T.
- Made in Italy.
The refrigerator compartment has automatic defrosting. During normal operation of the refrigerator, frost forms on its back wall when the compressor is working and dissolves when it is not in operation. When the compressor is not working, the frost which has built up on the back wall melts and the water flows into the opening provided in the bottom of the body of the refrigerator. From here, it flows into the tray on the compressor, where it evaporates.
The freezer compartment has to be defrosted manually. When the thickness of frost or ice on the shelves exceeds 0.75" or 2 cm, the freezer should be defrosted. A few hours before defrosting, use the knob provided to set the thermostat on 7 in order to further lower the temperature of the frozen foods. Then turn the knob to the 0 (STOP) setting and disconnect the plug from the electrical mains. Remove the frozen foods from the freezer compartment and protect them from thawing while cleaning. Place a container underneath the pipe to collect the defrosted water.
Clean both refrigerator and freezer compartment about once a month to prevent odors from building up.