- Item Information
- Shipping & Returns
- Ratings & Reviews
- Online Inquiries: NMS20_HDKEB
- Store Inquiries:#401123354795
- ASSOULINE is pleased to announce its second volume of the Impossible Collection, The Impossible Collection of Fashion.
- In this limited edition, Ultimate Collection format linen clamshell and handmade oversized book, Valerie Steele flexes her curatorial muscle by showcasing the most iconic dresses of the twentieth century. From Poiret to Pucci, Doucet to Dior, Vionnet to Valentino, Steele selects one hundred dresses that caused a stir either on the runway or entering a room and ultimately inspired new directions in fashion. Steele's selections include Paul Poiret's figure-liberating 1907 gown, Madame Grès's sublimely draped goddess creation from 1938, Jean Paul Gaultier's shockingly exaggerated cone-bust corset dress circa 1984, and Hussein Chalayan's awe-inspiring remote-control fiberglass Airplane dress from 2000. The compilation, while certainly subjective, is sure to receive nods of recognition along with a gasp or two of surprise.
- Cloth over board with linen clamshell box; paper.
- 144 pages; 100 illustrations.
- Approx. 15.35"W x 18.5"L x 2.75"D.
- Made in Italy.
We want you to be completely happy with every purchase. If you are not satisfied you have 30 days to return most Neiman Marcus purchases. Altered apparel, special orders, cloth face mask coverings, perishable or personalized/monogrammed items, and items identified as "final sale" cannot be returned.
Our stores are now open for either in-store or by-appointment shopping! If you need to return an item purchased between 2/15/20 and 7/15/20, please make arrangements to bring it to your store or send it back to us by 8/15/20 so we can process the return. Beginning 7/15/20, all returns will be accepted within 30 days of receiving your order.