THE FIRST DIOR MATTE METAL OMBRE LIPSTICK.
Inspired by professional makeup artistry, Double Rouge combines two makeup trends: matte and metal.
In a single application, it produces an ombré effect with a highly pigmented matte contour and a light-catching metal heart.How It Works:
How To Use:
- The formulation challenge: combine a pigmented matte contour with a metal heart.
- The incredible achievement: two shades that work in harmony upon application, creating a sophisticated finish and an optical illusion of volume.
For bolder ombré effect, start by applying Fix It in the center of the lips. Then use Double Rouge directly on the lips, moving from the outside inwards in a single sweep.
For Double Rouge, Peter Philips created 4 color families: fun and sophisticated Reds, exhilarating Corals, electric Purples and Pinks, and Nudes that beautifully flatter all women.
- 4 star shades set the tone for the collection:
- 99 Matte Metal, a true red with a golden heart that subtly plays with the scarlet matte contour.
- 510 Jungle Beige, that creates stunning nude lips to take on the "urban jungle."
- 992 Poison Purple, a deep purple with a metallic heart of gold and purely shimmer.
- 288 Miss Crush, a spectacular pink with a pearly heart.
The difficulty was finding the right combinations of darker, matte contour and a lighter, pearly metal heart that would highlight the curve of the lips and thus give the appearance of volume. It is an on-the-go product that is easy to wear and yet capable of recreating a professional makeup result.
Peter Philips, Creative and Image Director for Dior Makeup.