About the artist:
- EXCLUSIVELY AT NEIMAN MARCUS
- Handcrafted giclée print to semi-gloss canvas.
- Canvas floats, centered within the moulding.
- All moulding made from 100% maple from a locally sourced Texas mill.
- Frames constructed, sanded and painted by artisan framers.
- Comes ready to hang.
- 36"W x 2"D x 48"T.
- Made in the USA.
- Boxed weight, approximately 25 lbs.
Alyson Khan is a Denver, Colorado, based artist who is influenced by the aesthetics of mid-century modern design, tribal art, geometric textiles, and raw mark making. On the most basic level, her paintings are compositions of hard-edged shapes and color arranged to produce a resonance that feels cosmic, yet contained, controlled, and even quaint. What she finds most important is the way in which color influences the emotional aspect of what's happening on the canvas. Alyson will spend a lot of time coloring and recoloring shapes and areas until the dynamics between all of the elements within the picture plane come together and an essence arises.