- Item Information
- Shipping & Returns
- Ratings & Reviews
- Online Inquiries: NMS20_HD28V
- Store Inquiries:#401117624675
- The Caulton Chair is a contemporary take on Windsor chairs in Colonial Williamsburg's collections. These lightweight chairs with turned legs and spindle backs were developed in the early 1700s near Windsor, England. The fashion for Windsor chairs made it to Williamsburg by 1745, when Richard Caulton, "upholsterer from London," advertised in the Virginia Gazette that he would upholster a variety of chairs, including the newly fashionable Windsor. They were often used in passages, where footmen could conveniently carry them outdoors. The Washingtons followed this fashion at Mount Vernon; there were "In the Piazza 30 Windsor Chairs" when the first president died in 1799.
- Handcrafted of hardwood frame; mohair upholstery; nickel hardware finish.
- 28.5"W x 33"T.
- Seat depth, 18".
- Seat height, 17".
- Weight: 39.2 lbs.
- Boxed weight, approximately 89 lbs.
We want you to be completely happy with every purchase. If you are not satisfied you have 30 days to return most Neiman Marcus purchases. Altered apparel, special orders, perishable or personalized/monogrammed items, and items identified as "final sale" cannot be returned.
Return policy extended: If a purchase was made on or after 2/15/20, customers will be eligible to return 30 days after stores reopen. All other terms and conditions remain in effect. We'll continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.