- Item Information
- About The Designer
- Shipping & Returns
- Ratings & Reviews
- Online Inquiries: NMS20_H829C
- Store Inquiries:#401052872292
- Container made of Limoges porcelain and brass.
- Paraffin single-wick candle.
- Scent: top notes: lemon zest and coriander seeds; middle notes: hay oil, beeswax absolute, and milk lactones; bottom notes: patchouli fraction, amber, and Russian leather.
- After candle has burned completely through, place container under hot water to dissolve remaining wax. The vessel can then serve as a decorative container.
- 3.5"Dia. x 4"T; 12.5 ounces.
- Made in France.
The Story: It was cold in Paris that October day in 1975 when Philippe received a hand-written note from Mischa Barinov of St. Petersburg; an invitation to view a rare, privately held collection of antiquities. He departed by train that very evening.
Two days later, he arrived in the study of a mansion on the Griboyedov Canal. Settling into a Louis XIV bergere beside the fireplace, he was enveloped by the blended scents of ancient, leather-bound books, the crackling fire, and the steam of black tea rising from a spectacular samovar.
Mischa appeared in the doorway. "Thank you for coming. I think you will find it well worth your travels. But first, tea..." Then, in regard to Philippe's obvious obsession with the samovar, "Tombak bronze, circa 1775."
Elad Yifrach, a former interior designer, introduced L'Objet in 2004. With a collection that blends ancient techniques with a modern sensibility, L'Objet features beautiful dinnerware, table linens, serveware, and accessories that are carefully handmade by European and Asian master craftsmen. The L'Objet collection also includes accents for the home, including frames, candles, and desk accessories, many of which are crafted from 24-karat gold, platinum, and other fine materials.
We want you to be completely happy with every purchase. If you are not satisfied you have 30 days to return most Neiman Marcus purchases. Altered apparel, special orders, perishable or personalized/monogrammed items, and items identified as "final sale" cannot be returned.
Our stores are now open for either in-store or by-appointment shopping! If you need to return an item purchased between 2/15/20 and 7/15/20, please make arrangements to bring it to your store or send it back to us by 8/15/20 so we can process the return. Beginning 7/15/20, all returns will be accepted within 30 days of receiving your order.