- EXCLUSIVELY AT NEIMAN MARCUS
- Unique 1950s style single-door refrigerator hand-painted with "Giuseppe Garibaldi: The Hero of Two Worlds", by Michele Ducato, in cooperation with Dolce & Gabbana.
- The unrivaled protagonist of the decorations of this refrigerator is Giuseppe Garibaldi, the leader nicknamed "the hero of two worlds". On the front panel, the portrait of the general seated upon his steed is embellished by fintu ntagghiu ("false engraving"), a traditional decoration that reproduces the effect of inlaid wood. The side panels present the typical star motifs known as stidde a due panze, at the centre of which are portraits of Giuseppe and Anita Garibaldi. The trinacria, symbol of Sicily par excellence, is painted on top at the centre of a stidda (star ornament).
- Stainless steel/PMMA/aluminum/polystyrene/glass/plastic.
- 27.5"W x 23.6"D x 57.5"T.
- Made in Italy.
The refrigerator compartment has automatic defrosting. During normal operation of the refrigerator, frost forms on its back wall when the compressor is working and dissolves when it is not in operation. When the compressor is not working, the frost which has built up on the back wall melts and the water flows into the opening provided in the bottom of the body of the refrigerator. From here, it flows into the tray on the compressor, where it evaporates.
The freezer compartment has to be defrosted manually. When the thickness of frost or ice on the shelves exceeds 0.75" or 2 cm, the freezer should be defrosted. A few hours before defrosting, use the knob provided to set the thermostat on 7 in order to further lower the temperature of the frozen foods. Then turn the knob to the 0 (STOP) setting and disconnect the plug from the electrical mains. Remove the frozen foods from the freezer compartment and protect them from thawing while cleaning. Place a container underneath the pipe to collect the defrosted water.
Clean both refrigerator and freezer compartment about once a month to prevent odors from building up.