- EXCLUSIVELY AT NEIMAN MARCUS
- Unique 1950s style single-door refrigerator hand-painted with "Taratatà", by Michelangelo Lacagnina, produced in-partnership with Dolce & Gabbana.
- The decoration of this refrigerator is inspired by the songs and dances of popular Sicilian tradition, particularly the Tarantella and the Taratatà. The latter, whose name mimics the sound of a drum, is performed in Casteltermini, in the province of Agrigento, during the month of May to propitiate the fertility of the soil. The choreography of the dancers in traditional costume is painted on all three panels, two of which have famous sites in the background, the church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti in Palermo and Piazza del Duomo in Catania. In the upper panels are the musical instruments (mandolin, guitar, drums, bummuli) that accompany the dances, while a map of Sicily graces the top.
- Stainless steel/PMMA/aluminum/polystyrene/glass/plastic.
- 27.5"W x 23.6"D x 57.5"T.
- Made in Italy.
The refrigerator compartment has automatic defrosting. During normal operation of the refrigerator, frost forms on its back wall when the compressor is working and dissolves when it is not in operation. When the compressor is not working, the frost which has built up on the back wall melts and the water flows into the opening provided in the bottom of the body of the refrigerator. From here, it flows into the tray on the compressor, where it evaporates.
The freezer compartment has to be defrosted manually. When the thickness of frost or ice on the shelves exceeds 0.75" or 2 cm, the freezer should be defrosted. A few hours before defrosting, use the knob provided to set the thermostat on 7 in order to further lower the temperature of the frozen foods. Then turn the knob to the 0 (STOP) setting and disconnect the plug from the electrical mains. Remove the frozen foods from the freezer compartment and protect them from thawing while cleaning. Place a container underneath the pipe to collect the defrosted water.
Clean both refrigerator and freezer compartment about once a month to prevent odors from building up.