- EXCLUSIVELY AT NEIMAN MARCUS
- Unique 1950s style single-door refrigerator hand-painted with "The Sicily of Cavalleria Rusticana", by Michele Ducato, in collaboration with Dolce & Gabbana.
- This refrigerator is inspired by the themes and imagery of the cart painting tradition of western Sicily. The central panel features two key episodes from "Cavalleria Rusticana", the intense opera based on a novella by Giovanni Verga and composed by Pietro Mascagni. On the sides are the puppets of Villa Palagonia in Bagheria. The historic dwelling is also known as the "villa of monsters" thanks to the abundance of bizarre statues. Bright checkerboard and star ornaments enrich all the surfaces, culminating on the top in an explosion of colour.
- Stainless steel/PMMA/aluminum/polystyrene/glass/plastic.
- 27.5"W x 23.6"D x 57.5"T.
- Made in Italy.
The refrigerator compartment has automatic defrosting. During normal operation of the refrigerator, frost forms on its back wall when the compressor is working and dissolves when it is not in operation. When the compressor is not working, the frost which has built up on the back wall melts and the water flows into the opening provided in the bottom of the body of the refrigerator. From here, it flows into the tray on the compressor, where it evaporates.
The freezer compartment has to be defrosted manually. When the thickness of frost or ice on the shelves exceeds 0.75" or 2 cm, the freezer should be defrosted. A few hours before defrosting, use the knob provided to set the thermostat on 7 in order to further lower the temperature of the frozen foods. Then turn the knob to the 0 (STOP) setting and disconnect the plug from the electrical mains. Remove the frozen foods from the freezer compartment and protect them from thawing while cleaning. Place a container underneath the pipe to collect the defrosted water.
Clean both refrigerator and freezer compartment about once a month to prevent odors from building up.