The perfect plate for salad, dessert or appetizers, the Lastra Gray Salad Plate is sophisticated, rustic, and chic. An overlapping wooden mold, used for centuries to form cheeses throughout Italy, inspired this collection.
Care & Use:
- Handcrafted Italian stoneware.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Made in Italy.
- Dishwasher safe We recommend using a non-citrus, nonabrasive detergent on the air dry cycle and not overloading the dishwasher. Hand washing is recommended for oversized items.
- Microwave safe The temperature of handmade, natural clay items may vary after microwave use. We recommend allowing items to cool before taking them out of the microwave or using an oven mitt.
- Oven safe VIETRI's casserole and baking dishes can be used in most conventional ovens and dishwashers. They are handmade of very dense clays and fired at extremely high temperatures, making them heat resistant to 400°F. It is important that all terra cotta baking pieces be cured. Italian stoneware collections do not require curing. To cure servers, fully submerge and soak in water for 15 minutes prior to each use. This soaking prepares the dish, reduces cooking time, and prevents the food from sticking. As the Italians do, place baking dishes in a room-temperature oven and then bring the oven to cooking temperature. The handles of these pieces are decorative and should not be used for support. Do not use casserole lids in the oven.
- Freezer safe Items can withstand freezing temperatures, but please allow them to return to room temperature before putting them into the oven.
The origins of Vietri begin with a mother-daughter trip to Italy. Lee Gravely and her daughters Susan and Frances fell in love with the colorful design and artistry of the local handcrafted dinnerware. After spending a few days crafting their own dinnerware, the three were bound even closer together. They chose to name their importing company after Vietri sul Mare, the town where they created their first dinnerware patternCampagna.